St. Margaret Parish
24 Academy Street
Madison, CT 06443
General Parish Information
Parish Office Hours
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Parish Offices are located at the Parish Center at 39 Academy Street.
Daily Mass Schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 7:45 a.m.
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Confessions: Saturdays, 4:15 – 4:45 p.m.
Weekend Mass Schedule:
Saturday Vigil at 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
For those who wish to pray in private, the church will be open:
Monday: Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
*please note that these hours may be subject to change to allow for cleaning of the church after Funeral Masses.
Parishioners are encouraged to continue to provide their weekly contributions to St. Margaret Church in one of the following three ways:
1. At Weekday and Weekend Masses
Ushers will pass a collection bascket during Mass.
2. Online Payments
If you already have an account for online giving, click here to provide your payment.
To set-up a new account for online giving, please click here and follow the instructions.
3. Mail Payments
Mail checks to St. Margaret Church, 24 Academy Street, Madison, CT 06443.
Requests are often made of the parish to support various charitable causes. In order to allow for fair and equal attention to be given to each of these requests, a Charitable Requests Committee has been established which serves to help our pastor determine which causes the parish is able to support. This committee is made up of individuals who each represent a part of our parish community:
Members of the Charitable Inquiries Committee
Justin Murphy – Member of the Knights of Columbus
Amelia Rivera – Parish Secretary
The Committee will:
- Review all requests on a quarterly basis. Meetings may occur more frequently based on the timing of some events.
- Review and assess the appropriateness of requests and determine if assistance can be given.
- Contact the individual and/or organization with a decision within 1 week of the quarterly meeting.
- Reserve the right to deny any requests that may be contrary to the spirit, intent or mission of St. Margaret Church.
- Whenever possible the committee will inform the requester of other possible sources of assistance, as they apply to the inquiry (Madison Town Services, Food Pantry, etc.)
- Reserve the right to honor Parish
organizations/events over non parish events.
Procedure for Submitting Requests to the Charitable Inquiries Committee*
- Please complete and submit the on-line Charitable Request Form in no less than 45 days prior to any proposed fundraising event or activity. (Exceptions will be reviewed as possible)
- Paper copies of this form are available per request in the parish office. Please send the completed form to the Charitable Inquiries Committee via one of the following ways:
Option 1: Drop off at the St. Margaret Parish Office, 39 Academy Street
Option 2:Mail to the St. Margaret Parish Office at 39 Academy Street, Madison, CT 06443
- A member of the committee will be in touch with the petitioner to confirm receipt of the request.
The Archdiocese of Hartford, Office of Safe Environments is responsible for ensuring that all parish employees and volunteers are in compliance with the regulations put in place to allow for the safe treatment of all minors and vulnerable adults.
As a result, all parish employees and volunteers are asked to complete the following three requirements:
1. Read and review the Office of Safe Environments Handbook
- Print out, sign and submit to the Parish Office the last page of the Acknowledge and Receipt Page
- Complete, sign and submit to the Parish Office the Background Authorization Form
- Click here to select and register to attend a 3-hour Zoom Virtus Training Session called “Protecting God’s Children for Adults” and submit a copy of the “Certificate of Completion” to the parish office (you will be given this at the end of the training.)
All Archdiocesan employees, priests, deacons and adult volunteers who work with children are required to attend a training session on sexual abuse awareness and complete a background check authorization.
Rev. Daniel J. McLearen
Mr. Robert McKenna
Mr. Robert Barrett
Chris Lee – President
Tom Keogh – Vice President
Judy Shauck- Secretary
May Ann Benham
Youth Group Representatives
The Parish Council was created to:
Encourage a more prominent lay involvement in the life of the Parish Community;
To establish and serve as a medium of communications between the priests and laity concerning the spiritual and material needs of the Parish Community;
To cooperate with other churches and civic organizations in serving the community at large;
To advise and assist the pastor in the administration and development of spiritual and material matters in the parish of St. Margaret.