Students in the freshman Confirmation class of Lynn Mason and Maria Toohey were busy this past Saturday at the Connecticut Food Bank in Wallingford.
They helped to process 10,000 pounds of nonperishables which equates to 8,333 meals.
Sunday, May 7th – 6:00pm – 7:15pm at the Parish Center.
Our youth ministry program is committed to the theology of Confirmation as the sacrament of Christian maturity. In preparation for this, we have devised a two-year catechetical program starting in 9th grade and continuing through the spring of Sophomore year, which includes opportunities for:
• Faith Sharing (through discussion groups and retreat),
• Doctrinal Education
• Service Involvement in the parish
Youth are confirmed after completion of their second year of preparation.
• Student must have been active in the parish’s religious education program prior to Confirmation preparation.
• Student needs to have completed his/her 8th grade year of religious education in order to begin the Confirmation Program.
• If there has been a lapse in his/her education he/she will need to contact the Youth Ministry Office for special consideration and to determine if he/she needs to do make-up work.
Confirmation registrations are now being processed for incoming freshman and sophomore students. The registration form can be downloaded from the church’s website under “forms”, and they are also available at the Religious Education Office. Registration fee is $90 per student. Please register as soon as possible to guarantee a space in a class. Please note that if you were in the program last year as a freshman you will need to register for the second year and pay the registration fee.
Please consider volunteering to teach a class in the high school Confirmation program . Classes meet on Sunday evenings two times a month for one hour and 15 minutes. Call Monica Piombino at 203-245-7301, or firstname.lastname@example.org.